- 5 years with Colantonio
- 13 years construction experience
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, BS in Building Materials and Wood Technology
- OSHA 10-Hour Safety Certification
- Timberline Estimating Software
- Planswift OnScreen Take-Off Software
- InSite SiteWork and Utility Estimating Software
Christopher Powers,Preconstruction Manager / Lead Estimator
Chris joined Colantonio with 8 years of estimating and project management experience with previous employers EMJ Corporation, Pulte Homes and Mullaney Corporation. His extensive knowledge of site work, logistics and operations enhance his estimating and preconstruction planning skills. He consistently saves money and time for project owners with precise budget management, thoughtful value engineering and sharp identification of scope conflicts in design development documents.
Chris's most satisfying competitive bid was the $25 million Field Elementary School for the Town of Weston. "Our bid was below the owner's estimated cost and substantially lower than the other bidders, which scared the daylights out of Fran," he says. "At the end of the day, I knew we had the right number, though - and I was right." Chris and his wife have two daughters under the age of three. "What is 'spare time'?", he wants to know.