Karen Vecchione, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Manager
- 15 years with Colantonio
- 40 years of construction industry experience
- Society for HR Management Certified Professional
- Staff Sargent U.S. Army, 21 years, Retired
- MA National Guard Family Program Exceptional Volunteer Award
- President’s Volunteer Service Lifetime Award
- OSHA Outreach Trainer Certification
Karen joined Colantonio in November 2007 with 25 years experience in the construction industry with former employers Brait Builders, Trammell Crow and Boston Steel. As an OSHA-certified Outreach Trainer, she oversees safety training and keeps the company’s Safety and Health Program updated. Karen also administers benefits, payroll, accounts receivable and payable, supplies, hardware, software, IT services and special event planning. In other words, just about everything.
“The best thing about working at Colantonio,” she says, “is that everyone is treated like family. Fran is a compassionate, generous and supportive person. With him, family comes first.” Karen, a tireless worker, volunteers extensively as a trainer and facilitator with the Massachusetts National Guard Family Program, helping military families become self-sufficient while their loved ones are deployed. Karen relaxes with her husband, children and grandchildren whenever possible on their boat, exploring Boston Harbor and its islands.