The 15,000 square foot, three-story office building was originally constructed in 1908 as a schoolhouse and was converted for official purposes in the 1980s. Colantonio’s renovation brought the building up to code and provided the Town of Lincoln with an efficient, 21st century municipal office.
Colantonio gutted the building leaving the roof, exterior walls and most of the sub flooring intact. The original basement floor was removed, excavated and lowered a couple of feet before installation of a new, slab-on-grade concrete floor. Colantonio’s crew installed interior and exterior shoring to support the structure while the interior was demolished and new load-bearing walls were built.
The LEED Silver Certified project features energy efficient M/E/P systems; green parking spaces; reuse of the building and materials; water efficient landscaping; and construction waste management. It also features the use of regional materials and FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified wood; low-emitting adhesives, sealants, paints, flooring systems; composite wood; and agrifiber products.